In fact, the reducer is an independent component composed of gear transmission, worm transmission and gear worm transmission enclosed in the rigid shell. It is often used as the reducer between the prime mover and the working machine.
It plays the role of matching speed and transmitting torque between prime mover and working machine or actuator, and is widely used in modern machinery. However, in the process of use, the reducer bearing makes a noise. Next, let’s share some reasons for the noise of the bearing to facilitate you to better find out the reasons and solutions!
1. The grease in the reducer contains impurities.
2. Insufficient lubrication of the reducer. For example: the oil level is too low, improper storage, etc., resulting in oil or grease leakage through the seal.
3. Impurities such as sand or carbon particles are mixed into the bearing to play the role of abrasive; Dirt such as water, acid or paint is mixed into the bearing to corrode.
4. The thermal elongation of the shaft is too large, and the shaft bears static and indeterminate axial additional load.
5. The bearing of the reducer is subjected to additional load and the shaft is tightened axially, or there may be two fixed end bearings on one shaft.
6. The fit between bearing and shaft is too loose. The diameter of the shaft is too small or the tightening sleeve is not tightened.
7. The pad iron on the bottom surface of the bearing seat is uneven, Reducer resulting in seat hole deformation and even cracks in the bearing seat.
8. There are sundries in the bearing seat hole.
9. The position of the oil slinger is inappropriate.
11. The bearing has noise and external vibration source interference.
12. The bearing is discolored and deformed by heat.
13. The bearing is noisy.
14. The bearing seat hole becomes larger, and the bearing seat hole of non-ferrous metal is enlarged or Reducer enlarged due to thermal expansion.
15. The shoulder of the seat hole is too large, which distorts the seal of Reducer the bearing.
16. The clearance of labyrinth seal ring is too small to rub with the shaft.
17. The teeth of the lock washer bend and rub against the bearing.
18、. The shaft is too thick, which makes the actual fit too tight (resulting in excessive bearing Reducer temperature or noise).
19. The diameter of the seat hole is too small, resulting in excessive Reducer bearing temperature.
20. The diameter of bearing seat hole is too large and the actual fit is too loose.
In case of bearing failure in mechanical equipment, when disassembling the bearing for maintenance, record the appearance of the bearing, check the residual amount of lubricant in the bearing, sample and save the lubricant, and select kerosene or gasoline to simply clean the bearing.
Clean the disassembled bearing, first conduct rough cleaning, and then conduct fine cleaning. Place the bearing on the container and place the metal mesh as the bottom to prevent the bearing from directly removing the dirt at the bottom of the container.
During rough cleaning, the bearing shall not rotate with dirt to avoid damaging the rolling surface of the bearing. After removing the adhesive and grease with a brush, enter the fine washing step. Place the bearing in the cleaning oil and clean it while rotating.
When the cleaning oil is dirty, replace it in time to ensure the fine cleaning effect. In order to judge that the disassembled bearing can continue to be used, it is necessary to check after bearing cleaning.
The inspection items of the bearing include: bearing foreign matters, bearing clearance, bearing dimensional accuracy, bearing frame wear, mating surface status, rolling surface status, raceway surface status, ball or roller operation status, etc.
For non separable small ball bearings, use one hand to level the inner ring of the bearing, and confirm whether the bearing can run smoothly by rotating the outer ring. For round cone roller bearings, the raceway surface and rolling element of the outer ring shall be inspected.