- In many industrial applications, bearing failure will seriously affect the operating cost. The bearing remanufacturing service can bring considerable benefits.How to Reduce Operating Costs Through Bearing Remanufacturing?
- Combined with our bearing manufacturing standards, processes, equipment, quality, knowledge and expertise, SKF’s professional bearing remanufacturing services can bring many significant benefits to end users:How to Reduce Operating Costs Through Bearing Remanufacturing?
● prolong the service life of bearings
● reduce machine downtime
● reduce total life cycle costs
● reduce the impact on the environment
● improve spare bearing inventory
● improve overall asset reliability
How to Reduce Operating Costs Through Bearing Remanufacturing?
- Only by understanding the specific application occasions of bearing manufacturing and use can the correct process be adopted, so as to ensure that the remanufacturing of bearing meets the requirements of application occasions.
- The operation of bearings in continuous caster under extremely harsh and polluted working conditions is a typical application of bearing remanufacturing.
- In SKF’s bearing remanufacturing process, not only the bearing damage will be comprehensively analyzed, but also the cost will be carefully calculated. It usually includes:How to Reduce Operating Costs Through Bearing Remanufacturing?
● visual inspection to find out the type and depth of bearing damage
● measurement includes parameters such as clearance, Ovality and wall thickness difference of ferrule
● carry out additional non-destructive testing according to requirements or bearing specifications
- The remanufacturing process also includes waste bearing cleaning and waste disposal, which contributes to the work of the enterprise in the field of sustainable development.
- In this process, according to the needs of customer applications, SKF can also propose remanufacturing schemes to transform the bearing characteristics, change its specifications or upgrade to higher specifications, including:
● installation of sensors
● provide integrated lubrication
● provide sealing and coating solutions
- After remanufacturing, the use of SKF’s predictive maintenance expertise can avoid the recurrence of damage requiring remedial work:
● record all data of each remanufacturing case through the advanced management process, and specify the code for each bearing to track each bearing in the future life cycle
● SKF’s various monitoring services can provide information about the mechanical status of the plant
● provide failure root cause analysis, find out the causes and influencing factors of bearing damage, and formulate a comprehensive corrective plan
SKF has many remanufacturing service centers around the world.
- In China, SKF (Shanghai) Industrial Services Co., Ltd. (ISC Shanghai) is a joint venture established by SKF group in China to provide remanufacturing services for bearings and related products.How to Reduce Operating Costs Through Bearing Remanufacturing?
- It is committed to providing remanufacturing services for large-size bearings, continuous casting bearings, backing bearings, slewing bearings and other related products to customers in China’s iron and steel industry and other industries. At the same time, it provides continuous casting roll system solutions for the iron and steel industry to ensure the normal operation of continuous caster and stable equipment operation.How to Reduce Operating Costs Through Bearing Remanufacturing?