Timken bearing faults often occur during operation, so there is no need to make a fuss. In case of failure, judgment and treatment are the key.
1. Bearing temperature is too high: when the machine is running, the Analysis Of part where Timken bearing is installed is allowed to have a certain temperature. When touching the mechanism shell by hand, it is normal to feel that it is not hot. Otherwise, it indicates that the bearing temperature is too high.
The reasons for high bearing temperature include: the quality of lubricating oil does not meet the Analysis Of requirements or deteriorates, and the viscosity of lubricating oil is too high;
The machine assembly is too tight (insufficient clearance); The bearing assembly is too tight; The bearing race rotates on the shaft or in the shell; Excessive load; Analysis Of Broken bearing cage or rolling element, etc.
2. Bearing noise: Timken bearing is allowed to make slight running noise during operation. If the noise is too loud or there is abnormal noise or impact sound, it indicates that the bearing is faulty.
The causes of Timken bearing noise are complex: 1) the mating surfaces of the inner and outer rings of the bearing are worn. Due to this kind of wear, the matching relationship between the bearing and the shell,
the bearing and the shaft is damaged, resulting in the axis deviation from the correct position and abnormal noise when the Analysis Of shaft moves at high speed. When the bearing is tired, the metal on its surface will peel off,
which will also increase the radial clearance of the bearing and produce abnormal noise. 2) Insufficient bearing lubrication, dry friction and bearing breakage will produce abnormal sound.
3) After the bearing is worn and loose, the cage is loose and Analysis Of damaged, which will also produce abnormal noise and damage to the bearing. During the disassembly and inspection of rolling bearing, the fault and damage cause of bearing can be judged according to the damage of bearing.
Timken bearing rolling element and inner and outer raceway Analysis Of surfaces are subjected to periodic pulsating load, resulting in periodic contact stress. When the number of stress cycles reaches a certain value, fatigue spalling will occur on the working surface of rolling element or inner and outer race raceway.
If the load of the bearing is too large, it will aggravate this fatigue. In addition, improper bearing installation and shaft bending will also produce raceway spalling. The fatigue spalling of bearing Analysis Of raceway will reduce the operation accuracy of shaft and cause vibration and noise of mechanism.
4. Bearing burn: the burned Timken bearing has a return fire color on its raceway and rolling element. The causes of burns are generally insufficient lubrication, unqualified or deteriorated lubricating oil quality, and too tight bearing assembly.
5. Plastic deformation: uneven pits appear on the contact surface between the raceway and the roller of the bearing, indicating that the bearing has plastic deformation.
The reason is that under the action of large static load or impact load, the local stress on the working Analysis Of surface of the bearing exceeds the yield limit of the material, which generally occurs on the bearing rotating at low speed.
6. Bearing race crack: the crack of bearing race may be caused by too tight bearing fit, foreign or inner ring looseness of Timken bearing, deformation of bearing containing parts, poor surface processing of installed bearing, etc.
7. Broken cage: the reason is insufficient lubrication, broken rolling element, seat ring skew, etc.
8. The metal of the cage adheres to the rolling element, which may be due to the rolling element being stuck in the cage or insufficient lubrication.
9. Serious wear of race raceway: foreign matters may fall into the Analysis Of race, insufficient lubricating oil or inappropriate lubricating oil brand.
After the installation of Timken bearing, in order to check whether the installation is correct, the operation inspection shall be carried out. Small machinery can rotate by hand to confirm whether the rotation is smooth. The inspection items include poor operation caused by foreign matters,
scars and indentation, uneven rotating torque caused by poor installation and poor processing of mounting base, large torque caused by too small clearance, installation error and sealing friction, etc. If there is no abnormality, the power operation can be started.
Because large machinery cannot rotate manually, turn off the power immediately after no-load start, conduct inertial operation, check whether there is vibration, sound, contact of rotating parts, etc., and enter the power operation after confirming that there is no abnormality.
Power operation starts from no-load low speed and slowly increases to the rated operation under the specified conditions. During the test run, the inspection items are whether there is abnormal sound, Timken bearing temperature transfer, lubricant leakage and discoloration, etc.
If any abnormality is found during the test run, the operation shall be stopped immediately, the machinery shall be checked, and the bearing shall be removed for inspection if necessary.
Timken inlet bearing temperature inspection is generally inferred from the appearance of the shell. However, it is more accurate to directly measure the temperature of the bearing outer ring by using the oil hole.
The bearing temperature starts to rise gradually during operation. If there is no abnormality, it is usually stable after 1 ~ 2 hours. If the bearing temperature rises sharply due to poor bearing or installation, abnormal high temperature will occur.
The reasons are too much lubricant, too small bearing clearance, poor installation, excessive friction of sealing device, etc. The reason is also the situation of high-speed rotation and the wrong selection of bearing lubrication method.