Our customers always have some improper use methods when using all kinds of NTN bearing grease. Today, we will explain the use principle and function of grease in the bearing.
1. Operating principle of grease
Everyone knows that liquid grease is a very thick solution. This kind of grease is composed of network soap fiber. Its structure determines that it can absorb a large amount of lubricating oil and make it work normally. But as you can imagine, if a sponge is squeezed, water will flow out.
The grease will also discharge the lubricating oil due to extrusion, but the grease in NTN bearing is rarely directly squeezed and discharged, because when a newly lubricated imported bearing is running in, the grease moves in the internal space of the bearing. Its main working principle is “temperature”.
2. Practical function of grease
The main reason to drain the grease to the sliding surface is the temperature rise of the grease around the NTN bearing. When the bearing starts running, under normal working conditions, the grease will reach the sliding friction surface. As the temperature rises, lubrication Grease In Ntn Bearing begins to take effect.
Advantages of grease lubrication for NTN imported bearings:
1) Individual bearing points must be refueled frequently by hand. If the grease is changed, it will not Grease In Ntn Bearing only save trouble, but also avoid accidents caused by lack of oil.
2) The grease itself has a sealing effect, which allows the mechanism with low sealing Grease In Ntn Bearing degree to be used to simplify the design.
3) Experience has proved that in a certain speed range (n < 20000 R / min or DN < 20000 mm. R / min), lithium grease lubrication has lower temperature rise and longer bearing life than oil dropping method.
2. Theoretical basis of NTN imported bearing lubrication: the lubrication mechanism of the Grease In Ntn Bearing bearing belongs to the theory of elastic fluid hydrodynamic lubrication.
3. Relationship between NTN bearing failure type and lubrication: most failure causes are damage caused by faulty assembly and poor sealing. A few failures are caused by wear, gluing, corrosion and overheating caused by lack or excess of lubricant or unqualified quality.
4. Basic characteristics of Grease In Ntn Bearing lubricating grease and general criteria for selecting lubricating grease:
When selecting lubricating grease, it is necessary to select the lubricating grease suitable for the service conditions (temperature, speed, load and environment, etc.), which are related to the basic characteristics of lubricating grease, and the basic characteristics of lubricating grease depend on the type of thickener and base oil.