1. The friction coefficient of rolling bearing is smaller than that of sliding bearing and the Plain Bearings transmission efficiency is high. Generally, the friction coefficient of sliding bearing is 0.08-0.12, while that of rolling bearing is only 0.001-0.005;
2. The rolling bearing has realized standardization, serialization and generalization, Plain Bearings is suitable for mass production and supply, and is very convenient for use and maintenance;
3. The rolling bearing is made of bearing steel and heat treated. Therefore, the rolling bearing Plain Bearings not only has high mechanical properties and long service life, but also can save the expensive non-ferrous metals used in the manufacture of sliding bearings;
4. The internal clearance of rolling bearing is very small, and the machining accuracy of all parts is high. Therefore, the operation accuracy is high. Plain Bearings At the same time, the rigidity of the bearing can be increased by preloading. This is very important for precision machinery;
5. Some rolling bearings Plain Bearings can bear radial load and axial load at the same time. Therefore, the structure of bearing support can be simplified;
6. Because the rolling bearing has high transmission efficiency Plain Bearings and low heating capacity, it can reduce the consumption of lubricating oil and save trouble in lubrication maintenance;
7. Rolling bearing Plain Bearings can be conveniently applied to any position in space.
1. The load bearing capacity of rolling bearing is much smaller than that of sliding bearing with the same volume. Plain Bearings Therefore, the radial dimension of rolling bearing is large. Therefore, sliding bearings are often used in occasions bearing large load and occasions requiring small radial size and compact structure (such as crankshaft bearings of internal combustion engines);
2. The vibration and noise of rolling bearing are large, Plain Bearings especially in the later stage of use. Therefore, it is difficult for rolling bearing to be competent in the occasions with high precision and no vibration. Generally, the effect of selecting sliding bearing is better.
3. The rolling bearing is particularly sensitive to foreign matters such as metal chips. Plain Bearings Once foreign matters enter the bearing, intermittent large vibration and noise will be generated, and early damage will also be caused. In addition, rolling bearings are also prone to early damage due to metal clip impurities.
Even if there is no early damage, the service life of rolling bearing has a certain limit. In short, the service life of rolling bearings Plain Bearings is shorter than that of sliding bearings.
However, compared with sliding bearings, rolling bearings have their own advantages and disadvantages and occupy certain application occasions. Plain Bearings Therefore, they can not completely replace each other, and develop in a certain direction and expand their own fields.
However, due to the outstanding advantages of rolling bearings, there is a trend of latecomers. At present, rolling bearing has developed into the main support type of Plain Bearings machinery and is more and more widely used.
Abrasive wear refers to the wear caused by the relative movement of the contact surface due to the extrusion of foreign hard particles or hard foreign matters or wear debris on the metal surface between the working surfaces of Plain Bearings imported bearings, which often causes furrow like scratches on the working surfaces of bearings.
Hard particles or foreign matters may come from the inside of the host machine or from other adjacent parts of the host system and are sent into the bearing by the lubricating medium. Adhesive wear refers to the uneven stress on the friction surface due to the micro bulge or foreign matter on the friction surface.
When the lubrication conditions are seriously deteriorated, the local deformation and friction micro welding of the friction surface are easy to be caused due to the heat generated by local friction. In serious cases, the surface metal may be locally melted, and the force on the contact surface will tear the local friction welding point from the substrate and increase the plastic deformation.
This cyclic process of adhesion tear adhesion constitutes adhesive wear. Generally speaking, slight adhesive wear is called scratch and severe adhesive wear is called bite.