1. Basic requirements of Timken bearing for lubricant
Generally, there are the following basic requirements for lubricants:
(1) It has enough lubrication, that is, it can reduce the friction of Timken bearing and inhibit the harmful wear process in Timken bearing. The friction resistance should be small and the anti-wear ability should be large.
(2) Prevent Timken bearing from rusting, which will not cause corrosion, deterioration or deformation of Timken bearing components (such as copper cage, rubber seal, etc.).
(3) The viscosity and composition can be kept within the lower limit of the specified temperature, and the lubricating performance can always be kept stable.
(4) Within the upper and lower limits of the specified working speed, a sufficiently thick oil film can be established; It is clean without impurities and has good defoaming property.
(5) Within the required working period or inventory period, the physical and chemical properties are stable enough not to affect the quality of use.
(6) The maintenance shall be as simple as possible, and the auxiliary devices shall be as few as possible.
(7) On the premise of meeting the above technical requirements, strive to save economically.
2. Additional requirements for lubricants
(1) It has good cooling effect.
(2) It has strong adhesion to the lubricated surface, with less leakage, dripping or scattering as much as possible; Good water separation.
(3) Mixing a little impurities (such as water) will not affect its due performance.
(4) It plays a sealing role and can prevent water or dirt from entering Timken bearing.
(6) Centralized lubrication can be implemented.
3. Special requirements for lubricants
Under special working conditions, the following special requirements must be put forward for lubricants:
(1) The requirement of long service life requires that the service life of lubricant is particularly long.
(2) The requirement of low friction torque requires that the friction resistance of lubricant is very low.
(3) The requirement of high temperature resistance is to be able to withstand high temperature above 250 ℃.
(4) The requirement of low temperature resistance is to be able to withstand low temperature below – 63 ℃.
(5) High vacuum resistance requires no volatilization, loss and deterioration under high vacuum conditions, especially under high vacuum conditions in weightless state.
(6) Requirements for harmlessness
When used in food, pharmaceutical or chemical machinery, it is required that even if a small amount of lubricant is mixed into food, drugs or chemical products, it will not cause food poisoning, drug modification or deterioration of chemical products.
(7) Requirements for good boundary lubrication characteristics.