What is bearing preload? What is its purpose?
Everyone is no stranger to bearings, but many people will ask: what is the preload of bearings? What is the Bearing Preload purpose of bearing preload?
Bearing preload is the force acting on the bearing through axial adjustment relative to another bearing before applying the “use” load (external load), or the force generated by the Bearing Preload “negative clearance” (internal preload) formed by the size of the inner raceway and the rolling element of the bearing.
1. Improve the guiding accuracy of the bearing. Shaft guiding accuracy the shaft supported by preloading bearing has high guiding accuracy because Bearing Preload the deflection capacity of the shaft under load is limited by preloading.
The preloaded differential bearing has high guiding accuracy and high rigidity, which can maintain accurate and constant meshing, and the additional dynamic force is very small. Therefore, the operation noise is low, and the meshing gear has a long service life.
2. Improve rigidity. The stiffness of a bearing is defined as the ratio of the force acting on the bearing to the elastic deformation of the bearing. In a certain load range, the elastic deformation of bearing with preload is smaller than that of bearing without preload.
3. Low noise operation. The smaller the running clearance of the bearing, the better the guidance of the rolling element in the no-load area, and the lower the noise when the bearing is running.
4. Compensation for wear and sinkage. During operation, the bearing wear and pressure sink increase the clearance, but it can be compensated by preload. Compensate for wear and sagging in operation and prolong service life.
5. Extend working life. In some cases, bearing pairs with preload can improve operation reliability and prolong working life. Because proper preloading can improve the load distribution of the bearing, it can increase its working life.
Cleaning of SKF Bearing: when disassembling the lower bearing for maintenance, first record the appearance of SKF Bearing, confirm the residual amount of lubricant, and wash SKF Bearing after sampling the lubricant for inspection. As a cleaning agent, gasoline and kerosene are commonly used. The SKF Bearing removed shall be cleaned in coarse cleaning and fine cleaning.
They shall be placed in the container respectively, and the metal mesh pad shall be placed at the bottom first, so that the bearing will not directly contact the dirt of the container. During rough cleaning, if SKF Bearing rotates with dirt, it will damage the rolling surface of the bearing, which should be paid attention to. In the coarse cleaning oil, use a brush to remove the grease and adhesion.
After it is roughly clean, turn to fine cleaning. Fine cleaning is to carefully clean the SKF Bearing while rotating in the cleaning oil. In addition, the cleaning oil should also be kept clean.
In order to prolong the service life of SKF bearings, we should pay attention to the maintenance and overhaul of industrial SKF bearings in order to prevent accidents, ensure the reliability of operation and improve productivity and economy.
Maintain the operation standard of corresponding mechanical operation conditions and carry out it regularly. The contents include monitoring the operation status, replenishing or changing the lubricant, and regular disassembly inspection. As maintenance items during operation, there are rotating sound, vibration, temperature, lubricant state of SKF Bearing, etc.